VSCC Cotswold Trial, this weekend.

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

garagiste

VSCC Cotswold Trial, this weekend.

Post by garagiste »

Notice from the list of entrants there are two Minors and an M type.

Will try to get some photos.

David.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: VSCC Cotswold Trial, this weekend.

Post by Ian Grace »

Thanks David,

Who are the runners and riders?
garagiste

Post by garagiste »

All rated as specials.

M type David Rolfe reg. VU7908

MM Semi Sports Martin Redmond reg. BS9400

MM Robin Harcourt-Smith reg. GC7736

45+ Austin 7s!!

David.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Robin's car is the ex-Peter Plant Morris/Meadows special, originally built for speed hill climbing but now being adapted by Robin for trials work.

Robin reports:

"I have converted it into a winter car, now with vintage Rudge Whitworth wheels and hubs, 21” on the front to increase ground clearance, twin spare wheel carrier on the back.

I have had to rebuild the clutch, adjust the gearbox selectors to stop it jumping out of gear, rebuild the radiator, its on its 2nd dynamo after an armature failure, an uprated starter.

Motor now lets us use full ignition advance. A new “inside” exhaust has increased top end power which helps pull the higher CWP, so its road manners are completely different with a healthy 20 mph per thousand in top cruising speed.

I’m keeping Mike Dowley's gear cutter busy, the first cwp stripped all its teeth on its 2nd event (Welsh Trial) although I think the bearing tab washer failed enabling the locking ring to undo, so I have now modified it and hopefully it will withstand the power?

We were 1st reserve for the Lakeland Trial but didn’t get a run as all 100 entrants turned up on the day! The Cotswold will be our next opportunity for some fun and hopefully the car will survive before some more winter development and out again in the spring.

The car creates plenty of interest wherever we take it or perhaps people just feel sorry for the Minor bits underneath???"
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Have e-mailed all three requesting reports on the day. Watch this space.
garagiste

Post by garagiste »

Ian,

Sorry, marshalling duties at Prescott prevented me from getting near the action to get any photos.

Super day once the sun came out, event very well supported and great fun.

David.