Pre War Prescott

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

sv4670

Pre War Prescott

Post by sv4670 »

Ian

Thank you for all your efforts putting together this super event. Saturday provided plenty to look at and watch, Sunday -the navigation rally was good fun and I cannot think of a rally that finished at a better venue. The visit to the airstrip gave the crew a welcome break and added interest to the day. Will you be posting the results of the rally on the forum?

Thanks again
SV4670!

Oh yes -
My search for a MG M type to trial has proven to be utterly fruitless, I am developing urges to buy a Austin Seven. Should I be seeking therapy?
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Pre War Prescott

Post by Ian Grace »

Derek,

Pleased to hear you had a good weekend - Jayne and I certainly enjoyed it enormously. The weather wasn't too hot, thankfully and we had a record turnout of just over 160 cars in the Paddock.

I do have the results - the Morrises won the team match against the Sevens and the Stubberfields won the Roy Hogg trophy for the second year running - one of only two Minors to enter the nav rally. There were various lesser awards of Prescott ale presentation packs.

Do not buy a Seven!

It's 1 a.m. In terminal 1 at Heathrow - waiting for check-in to open at 4 - yawn. Should be home later today.

Ian
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

It's all in a day's work for the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. Here's the flight plan for the Hurricane.

Take off RAF Conningsby 1355, flypast Donington at 1400, flypast VMR Summer Rally 1440, display Penarth 1500, flypast Corston 1515, display Fairford 1535 with Lancaster and Spitfire. Land Fairford 1555.

Not a bad two hours work. And they PAY the pilot to do this - I'm in the wrong job!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Just booked Prescott for 2015 - would you believe that 2015 is filling up fast? Saturday 18th July.
sv4670

Post by sv4670 »

Looking forward to it already thanks for all your efforts, I don't know where you find the energy!