Planning for 2014

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Planning for 2014

Post by Ian Grace »

So far, Roger Burnett is the only member declared for the Lakeland Weekend (the weekend after our Summer Rally/Pre-War Prescott).

Details of the weekend can be found at http://www.vintageminor.co.uk/Lakeland% ... _2014.html

Jayne and I are booking our UK flights this evening, and we plan to be in the UK for both weekends - PWP and the Lakes. I'll be circulating the March Newsletter in the next day or so and I'll be specifically polling for interest, and then making a go/no go decision for the Lakeland Weekend - probably by the end of March or sooner depending on response. If the Lakes is a no go, then we'll definitely organize something further south. Either way, there WILL be a gathering over the second weekend.

So if you are thinking about attending the Lakeland Weekend, PLEASE let me know at your earliest convenience!

Ian
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Booked our flight tickets to London last night. Arriving Thursday morning before the Summer Rally and leaving the Thursday after the Lakeland Weekend.

Can't wait!
tonym

Post by tonym »

Ian
I am a little dismayed that your recce chappie is claiming up 5G going round corners.
Does he have some sort of souped up motor in his vehicle ?
I am sure that with my standard 847cc [should it ever run again] I can't get much more than 1G.
Claiming 5G is a little irresponsible in these Health and Safety days - do we really want that sort in our club ??
Tony
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Don't you have Blockleys then Tony? :D

Delighted to receive your Lakeland Weekend entry, by the way. A great weekend of driving and socializing is in store.