New "Centenary" Noggin in Hampshire

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Toby

New "Centenary" Noggin in Hampshire

Post by Toby »

As you will be aware we have been having a bipartisan spring and autumn minor/morris meet.
It seems from consultation and this being the centenary year for Morris, that a new Morris Register noggin might just work and I hope that we can encourage minor club members along too. A venue close to ringwood hants seems to suit the most people who have expressed an interest after my consultation.
I am suggesting 3rd tuesday of the month at the royal oak in north gorley, good food, quaint, plenty of parking alongside a green opposite and away from the busy main roads!
I suggest an inaugural meet on our spring pub meet, drive it day, sunday 21st of April at lunchtime and then evenings, 3rd tuesday of may onwards from 7pm? We will also have our autumn meet as well but perhaps with some more morris cars.
I am happy to commit to being there every month for 12 months to see how we go, hopefully once it starts we will gather some extras via the publicity from actually starting it! I hope Jim Riglar can air this info in the westworlds section of the morris register magazine.
Incidentally we are having a party in our village (Everton, nr Lymington) on May bank holiday if anyone is close enough to come along then please let me know.
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: New "Centenary" Noggin in Hampshire

Post by Ian Grace »

Thanks for this Toby.

Anything we can do to encourage more road-shy Minors out of hiding, the better!
plj

Post by plj »

Excellent choice Toby, bit far for us as a monthly meet but will try and adjust one of our annual pilgrimages to the NF to coincide.

Regards,

Philip
Toby

Post by Toby »

a total of 11 morris people gathered last night for a good old chatter about lots of stuff, not just cars! It seems a good time was had and they all seem to be willing to do it all over again next month. I was the only old car driver with three other nogginers having cars under restoration, including Reg rendalls minor which has been held up due to his bad health recently.
Attachments
DSCN0963.JPG
DSCN0963.JPG (169.06 KiB) Viewed 2354 times
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear