Christmas virtual pub meet

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Re: Christmas virtual pub meet

Postby Ian Grace » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:39 pm

This from Jonathan Newell this morning. Jonathan lives in Malmsbury and owns a 1932 2-seater.

"I left the RN this September after 38 years and now work for BAE Systems as Head of Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carrier Support in Portsmouth. During the summer I completely stripped CG1140 apart and have started the rebuild. I found quite a few horrors and I suspect that it will take me a lot longer to complete the rebuild, particularly living away from home during the week. Whatever happens I will get to Pre-War Prescott with a rolling chassis at the very least."
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Postby Ian Grace » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:03 pm

Happy New Year everyone!!! :D :D :D

Here's to the best year yet for the Register - including our 15th Summer Rally (can you believe it?!), our 5th Pre-War Prescott, and not to mention SIX magazines!

See also the website for some great New year news regarding our new Honorary Member Peter Seymour - very appropriate as Peter was a great friend of the late Robin Barraclough who was an Honorary Member of the Register since 2007 and whom we sadly lost in December.

Cheers everyone!!! :D :D :D
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Postby Ian Grace » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:35 pm

New Year's morning at VMR HQ! Bailey (our English Springer) and Moose (our chocolate Labrador) hunting for moles in our front paddock.

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Postby Ian Grace » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:29 pm

Cannot believe another year is drawing to a close! Haven't had much time to think about Christmas yet, but the calendar tells me it is getting close and Jayne has it all planned out. We're heading across the mountains to our daughter Amanda and her family in Spirit Lake, Idaho for a big family Christmas, so it will certainly be a white one!

Let me be the first to offer everyone Season's greetings, a safe Christmas and a healthy and most prosperous New Year!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Postby Ian Grace » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:12 pm

Here's wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas and a vintage New Year!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Postby Ian Grace » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:46 pm

I can't believe another year is drawing to a close. It has been another tremendous year for the Register. Early in the year we formalized what has been unofficial for years - that owners of any pre-war car can join the Register. The result has been a rapid growth in membership numbers and we now have a really splendid cross-section of pre-war cars in the hands of our membership. We had another record Summer Rally with an incredible 64 cars entered for the Sunday runs. And then a few days ago came the fantastic news that the VSCC has finally granted eligibility to all of the SV Minors.

Looking forward to 2018, we have another great year in prospect. We will be holding our second Australasian Rally at Hervey Bay in Queensland and Jayne and I are very excited at the prospect of finally meeting many Register members from the region. Then we have Pre-War Prescott and our second Pre-War Shuttleworth and through the year we hope to see the first SV Minors competing in VSCC events.

On a personal note, I took delivery of the Maddox from Ian Samuel in the summer and it is now undergoing a thorough mechanical overhaul before being repatriated to England, where it will be our rally car on summer holidays and in retirement.

Please post your year's vintage motoring (or restoration!) news and Christmas wishes here, and may Jayne and I be the first to offer our very best wishes to all our members around the world for Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

Cheers!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Postby KartikeyaL » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:57 am

Seasons greetings everyone, hope we all have a great Christmas and a better new year.
regards
Kartik
KartikeyaL

Previous

Return to Events