Newsletter distribution

Area for anyone experiencing problems with the website or the forum.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Newsletter distribution

Post by Ian Grace »

FYI, here's the content of an e-mail I just sent to Peter Caldwell, which hopefully explains the current situation:

"Hello Peter,

The problem is that iBuilder - the system I use to generate and distribute the newsletters will not let me send newsletters to e-mail addresses that have previously bounced - for any reason - even if the recipient's in-box was temporarily full, etc. To make matters worse, a few months ago, iBuilder had a glitch where it though that about 30 addresses had bounced, when they had not. So now I have a good proportion of members who want the newsletters who cannot get them - at least via iBuilder. This is why I also post the newsletters to the Members' Area of the website. However, one of the good features of iBuilder is that it allows me to at least download a list of bounced e-mails. So I did that this time and got 57 addresses. I then e-mailed the newsletter by normal means to all 57 addresses, and only 20 actually bounced. So I now have the ability to send newsletters to about 37 members where I can't send them via iBuilder.

In your case, since you now have a new e-mail address, yours should no longer bounce - because I extract the addressee list from the members' list just prior to every newsletter launch."
Highlander

Re: Newsletter distribution

Post by Highlander »

Ian, No sign of a Magazine in Surrey? Have I paid my subs? All the best, Highlander.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Yes, you certainly have - thanks. The magazines and Yearbooks whould be with Bev imminently - the Oz/NZ ones arrived a couple of days ago with Ewan Lambess who is distributing this time because Alex is traveling. Once Bev has them - two large boxes - he will post them on immediately.

M 134 is already about 1/2 written - as always, I'd welcome material for this, and M 135 which I want to get out by Christmas.
Simon

Post by Simon »

M133 arrived thi morning. Many thanks. :D
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Same here, many thanks and a super read from a thankfull Reid!!! Highlander.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Ian, As you know I am not good with this computer and I do not always understand what is said. Are magazines still POSTED to some members or are they now all published on the computer? Barry Henderson has rung me as he has not received a magazine for ages. Sorry about this, Highlander.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Alister,

Magazines are definitely still posted - and available for download from the Members' Area of the website - in glorious techicolour! M 134 will be on its way very shortly and will also posted on the website. Newsletters are distributed by e-mail, and the December one is also almost ready to go. The last Magazine was M 133, which Barry should have received? Magazine have admittedly been a bit sporadic recently - due mainly to two house moves, relocation from Michigan to Seattle and a job change, but normal service should be resumed from now. Apologies for any withdrawal symptoms!