Heads up on Vintage Minor e-mail

Area for anyone experiencing problems with the website or the forum.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Heads up on Vintage Minor e-mail

Post by Ian Grace »

This is a heads up for everyone that the vintageminor@comcast.net e-mail address is about to change. We do not have access to Comcast digital cable in Seattle, and so we retained our Comcast account back in Michigan. We had a package there including cable TV and Internet but were able to put this on 'vacation hold' - providing just e-mail - for a nominal sum. This arrangement can only be entered into for a maximum of six months, and so the full service has just been reinstated back in Michigan.

So I will have to cancel the entire Comcast account and open new e-mail accounts. Gmail seems to be the best bet at the moment, and the new account may be up as early as later today.

Please watch this space for further news. Also note that my office e-mail address - IGrace@uascwa.com will be unaffected.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Heads up on Vintage Minor e-mail

Post by Ian Grace »

OK We have a new Register e-mail address - vintageminor@gmail.com

Please add this to your address list and delete vintageminor@comcast.net.

Please send test e-mails, attachments, etc. so I can test it out.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Ian, I have tried to e.maIL you as requested but could not get through. Highlander.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hmm... Did you type the e-mail address or click the link on the home page?

I just tried that link from my office and it worked. I did also receive a successful test from Halbe earlier today, and also one from Chris Lambert.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Ian, I have just tried again without success. I clicked the foram and up came the square for the message which I fill in and clicked send then up can The host SMTP is incorrect. Highlander.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Everyone. Since my rear axle problem I have been in touch with the 8MVS members site and now cannot get out of it!!! I have 56 e.mails today""!! However one was of interest and is worth looking at. http://www.morris8cars.co.uk. A chap Dave as logged his restoration on a site and very good it is. Have a look and see if we could do better!! Highlander.