New Member.

Area for anyone experiencing problems with the website or the forum.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Highlander

New Member.

Post by Highlander »

Ian, I am being driven mad trying to send you particulars of a new member. I have filled in the membership form which appears on this site. When I try and send it I am asked questions I do not understand therefore I cannot sent it. I them tried e.mailing you direct for you to contact the new member only to be told host SMTP cannot be found. I have given this up. The new member is a good friend of mine who uses his minor as much as I do, his name is
Barry Henderson, 26, Idmiston Road, West Norwood, SE27 9HG. He is not on e.mail. He owns a green 1932 two seater GC 884. To think that the time it has taken me this morning to sort this out (an hour) someone, somewhere could have driven a saloon Morris Minor 60 miles!!!! Highlander.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: New Member.

Post by Ian Grace »

Good morning Alister, and first - thanks for introducing Barry to the Register - you have just saved yourself GBP 10 on next year's subs though our membership referral program!

As for filling out the membership form, it is no more than a Word document - to be printed, filled by hand and then posted, or or filled in using Word and then either printed and posted or saved as a Word document and then attached to an e-mail. It sounds like you have some sort of e-mail problem - I don't think it is anyhting to do with the membership form or the VMR website or forum. It may also be due to the fact that vintageminor e-mails acre currently being diverted to another PC, because I have not yet been able to set up email on my new PC. I have my PC guru (my son!) visiting us in Seattle next weekend, and he has offered to set up my e-mail for me.

In the meantime, please welcome Barry to the Register and tell him that I will send him a copy of the latest Magazine.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Alister,

I think Barry's car is actually CG 884?

Looks very tidy. I just signed Barry up as member 328. Looking forward to receiving his memebrship form.

Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Ian, yes that is Barry's Minor. Did you send him a Membership Form? I am sorry I thought the one on the forum was an e.mail form!!! I will get the hang of these computers sometime. One of my Granddaughters is my teacher but she has no time!!! This was discussed at the golf club today as we are all now in our early 70s with grandchildren we all hardly see. Mine are 18 and 14, OK 18 year olds are passed Grandads now except when they want money! When I was young I used to go ploughing with my Grandfathers and walk up and down the furrows watching and talking and then back to the stables and help brush down the horses - I just loved it and so did they. How did we have time for all this and our grandchildren have no time for a cup of tea? I am preaching again! Highlander.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I'll send him a form!