VMR Magazine.

Area for anyone experiencing problems with the website or the forum.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Highlander

VMR Magazine.

Post by Highlander »

Ian, Sorry to be a pain but dont seem to have a copy of the latest VMR Mag. I thought mine was coming across snail mail. I have paid my subs I hope!!! Any good interviews yet? All the best. Highlander.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: VMR Magazine.

Post by Ian Grace »

M 131 is somewhere over (or on?) the Atlantic - not arrived with Bev yet. In the meantime it can be downloaded from the members' area. M 132 now in process.

Interviews going well - hope to have a satisfactory conclusion by next week which will see us staying in Grand Rapids.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Ian, Re my last message back in the Summer, I am still without the lastest Newsletter? I am sure I have paid my subs, have I just been missed? So please you are back working. I know what it is like. Pleased to read that a member has jumped at the McSpecial.Hope to hear from someone soon, Highlander.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Alister,

Are you referring to the printed Magazine or the e-mailed Newsletter? Did you not receive a copy of the Magazine M 131?
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

IIan, Just checked and I have 131, Spring 2008. I thought 132 was out and I missed it! Sorry. Yes it is the printed Magazine I look for as I am unable to access the computer one. Super day again and I have been down to Horsham for lunch. Done 300 this week. Highlander.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Ian, I have cracked it!!!! On checking that I had indeed got my copy of M131, I re-read it. Pages 2 and 3 were all about the internet and computers so I only looked at the pictures!!! In read these two pages today and thought I would give it a go. I got into the Members List for the first time and using vmrmember and camshaft a new world appeared. I have spent the last hour reading and looking at every page. Thank you. However I tried printing the membership list (going for a pee in the meantime) and all I got were 50 odd pages of dates!!!! Any reason for this? I had noticed a Denham Earl who lives 20 minutes from me has a minor so may give him a ring over the weekend. Is there any reason that a full membership list is not published? One minor point (no pun!) In the two letter registration mark list Aberdeen is AV not AY. Having had sight of the list I now understand your question as to why more members do not either read or write to the site. Have a scotch on me, Aye, Highlander.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Alister,

Splendid news! Re printing the member's list, there was a printed list a couple of years after the club started which went out with one of the magazines, but the extra postage cost was quite significant, and the list would be much fatter today (as happens to all of us!). The list you see on the site is actually an Excel spreadsheet, which is not particularly printer-friendly, so I will think about preparing a parallel, printer-friendly list and appending that to the site. Your Damascus Road experience after reading the article might also prompt me to put a similar version on the home page, so when people visit the site, they can get a quick tutorial. Thanks also for the Aberdeen correction - I'll sort shortly.

Ian
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Ian, I have printed out copy 134 of The VMR Magazine. I seem to be missing pages 30,31,32 and 33. Are these the Correspondance pages? Help!! Highlander.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Fixed!

Thanks for the feedback Alister.

Ian
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Ian, I seem to be the only member with Magazine problems - but wait!!- I found your posted copy when looking for Scottish Country Dance correspondance - I mis filed!! Sorry. However for information the copy on the foram does not have the correspondance ;pages or for sale and wanted. Sped off down to Dorking this morning - cold and damp but no rain. Minor ran very well - must be the new £80 battery!!!. Happy Easter. Highlander.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Afternoon Alister,

Not sure what you mean. I just checked the sample Magazine accessible from the website home page and also M 134 which is accessible via the members' area, and both the Marketplace and Correspondence files download.

Drove down to Portland, Oregon yesterday to move our son into his new apartment. Hew arrived in a rental truck two days earlier from Michigan with all his stuff plus my workshop tools and machinery. So relaxing today after a lot of driving and unloading yesterday.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Ian, Not a big deal but -- I have looked again at MY VMR Magazine on line and the pages I mentioned are missing. When printed out of course they are also missing.. Greaty Minor day today - very cold still and damp but raced to Dorking on the dual carraigeway 45mph all the way, up the zigzag at Boxhill (test hill before the first world war)., and home to the golf club via Headley for a well earned pint. Cant be bad. Highlander. (I did not go up the zigzag at 45mph!!)
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hmm. I just went into the Members Area, clicked on Magazine M 134 then downloaded Correspondence (pages 30 to 33) and then Marketplace (pages 34 to 37) successfully.

Are these the files you are having trouble with Alister?

M 135 will be posted in its place shortly.
Trevor Wilkinson

Post by Trevor Wilkinson »

These pages are ok from here also. :D :D
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

I do not understand - I have done just what you said and everything OK. Thanks for all your help, Highlander.