forum images

Area for anyone experiencing problems with the website or the forum.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

tonym

forum images

Post by tonym »

Ian or Will
I am having great fun rooting about in the VMR forum. But, viewing posted images are a problem as I only seem to get the left hand side of any image that is posted
?Any ideas?
Tony Margel
DF9053

Re: forum images

Post by DF9053 »

This happens to me as well, I think it is down to the image being too big to fit in the forum screen. Attached images get scroll bars but the photobucket ones just get chopped off!

Cheers
Jeremy
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

The dilemma here is that images posted as attachments 'consume' web site space, whereas those posted via a web based image 'host' such as Photobucket, don't! I am not sure what the solution is. The photobucket images do appear as full size on wider monitors.
Chris
1936morriseight

Post by 1936morriseight »

Tony, Jeremy and Chris,

My computer's an Apple Macintosh running Apple's OS X, presumably those of you with machines running Microsoft Windows OS will have a similar keyboard layout to mine and hopefully the Windows OS will work in a similar way to my Apple Mac.

With photos posted as attachments (scroll bars), I point the arrow cursor at the image, hold down both the Shift and Option Keys whilst clicking the mouse once, the photo instantly resizes to full size.

With Photobucket images, I point the arrow cursor at the image, hold down both the Control and Option Keys whilst clicking the mouse once and a drop down menu appears, highlight and mouse click on "Open Image in New Window", the full size image will appear in a new window. Scroll bars will be present, but only if the original image size is still too big for your particular monitor.

Jeff (1936morriseight)
Trevor Wilkinson

Post by Trevor Wilkinson »

To view images without the side cut off I right click on the image and then select; "View image". It works for me.