Photo's - How do I ?

Area for anyone experiencing problems with the website or the forum.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

DF9053

Photo's - How do I ?

Post by DF9053 »

Can you tell me how to get pictures on the forum, thought I would put one or two up of DF in her current dismantled state!
Cheers
Jeremy
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Jeremy,

Look above the text box you are writing in. It goes, B I U Quote List List= Img and URL. Click in the Img button to post an image, BUT you need to have the image stored on a web server somewhere, so for example, I ftp a pic to the VMR home page and then I find it on the web by entering something like http://www.vintageminor.co.uk/Woodrow.JPG and then I copy this text string. Then I click the Img button and it puts Image after your text string when you preview or submit your post.

If you (or anyone else) has any pics they would like to share, but have nowhere on the web to upload them to, e-mail them to me and I can put them out on the website and let you know what text string to enter in your post. (Your pics should be no larger than about 800 x 600, but I can reduce them if you need me to.)

Feel free to experiment in this thread. I'll now try the Woodrow pic ...

DF9053

Post by DF9053 »

Ok lets try this:

Looks like its worked, now to put them in the our cars section
SideValveMan

Post by SideValveMan »

Ian Grace wrote: If you (or anyone else) has any pics they would like to share, but have nowhere on the web to upload them to, e-mail them to me and I can put them out on the website and let you know what text string to enter in your post. (Your pics should be no larger than about 800 x 600, but I can reduce them if you need me to.)
Ian/Will,

If you are interested in such, there is an enhancement (aka "hack") for PHP which allows the creation of a photo section and allows users to upload their own photo's into a gallery. The pictures for the gallery would obviously be stored on vintageminor.co.uk webspace..... :shock:

Cheers!

P.S. Good work Will
--
Gren
VW Karmann Gipsy

http://www.karmann-coachbuilts.com
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Photo's - How do I ?

Post by Ian Grace »

Possibly worth a reminder that, if you have a photo you would like to post on this forum, you can simply e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you. I post pics by uploading them to a directory on the website and then linking to the URL, which is much more permanent that using Photobucket or any of the other photo sites.

But you don't need to worry about any of that - just e-mail me the pics and tell me where to post them. I'll even resize them for you.

So, for example, if you have a car and you would like to start an 'Our Cars' thread for it, feel free to send in a pic or two, and I'd be happy to start you off.
Will Grace
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Will Grace »

SideValveMan wrote: P.S. Good work Will
Thanks. I dont do a lot on here anymore. Just the ocasional "consultant" type work! I'm more of a behind the sceen guy now!
Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows.
SideValveMan

Re: Re:

Post by SideValveMan »

Will Grace wrote:
SideValveMan wrote: P.S. Good work Will
Thanks. I dont do a lot on here anymore. Just the ocasional "consultant" type work! I'm more of a behind the sceen guy now!
Best place to be :wink:
Will Grace
Site Admin

Re: Photo's - How do I ?

Post by Will Grace »

I agree!
Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows.