WE ARE BACK!!

Area for anyone experiencing problems with the website or the forum.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Will Grace
Site Admin

WE ARE BACK!!

Post by Will Grace »

Sorry to everyone for the forum being down for so long. We had some major technical glitches moving the website to a new host. I just spent the last 5 hours manually rebuilding the forum, but it is now fully operational (let me know if you find anything that isn't working).

Regards

Will
Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows.
Will Grace
Site Admin

Re: WE ARE BACK!!

Post by Will Grace »

I have now rebuilt the search feature, something that has been broken for a long while.

Quite the productive night over here in Oregon!

Enjoy the forum and please feel free to let Ian or I know of any bugs you find!

-Will
Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows.
KartikeyaL

Post by KartikeyaL »

Its just great to have the forum back.
however I was going through my posts and the pictures posted by me are not visibile !!

cheers
Kartik
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Kartik,

Yes, great to have it back - looks like it has been down since about 27th February. William did a super job recovering it.

The only loss, as you noticed, is the photos that were uploaded directly to the forum. I was unable to save them from the old website before they were purged from their servers.

There are numerous ways to upload images to the forum - directly works, but if you recall, shortly before the forum went down, it reached full capacity and members could no longer post to the site. I am able to upload pictures by ftp directly to the main website and then provide a link in my posts. With the new JustHost service provider, we have unlimited space. And then there are numerous photo archive sites like Photobucket, Flickr, etc. which you can then provide a link to in your posts.

If you have pictures that are missing from your posts, and have the original pictures, you could upload them again or send them to me and I can upload them to the website and link to them.

It is a pity that we lost these images, but saving the posts themselves is a huge success!

It is incredible that all this chaos was caused by our service provider being bought out by TalkTalk who could not find a way for me to pay the annual fee of about $50 when it fell due! TalkTalk have the worst reputation in the industry, and now I know why!

Anyway, now we are up and running again, let's hear everyone's news! I'll post news on the fabric saloon and McEvoy shortly.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Re photos, I just noticed that my images are also not displaying, although the links are correct and the photos are on the website. Should be easy to fix. It may be that I have to put the link in a different format. I'll look in to this later today. I have 379 images in the Forumpix directory to sort out! :o :D
halbe

Post by halbe »

Excelent to have the forum back online!!!!!!!
Halbe