NJ 35

Use this area to post details of your cars, your restorations, photos or rally reports.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

NJ 35

Post by Ian Grace »

Here's an uplifting story. Down near Bristol, Tom Cantle owns a 1932 2-seater NJ 35 which he has been restoring for a little while - something like 49 (forty nine) years. A few years ago, he reported that it needed about two days work to complete. I have known Tom and his car for about 30 years, and he joined the Register lat year.

Tom sent in his subs cheque this week and included the following note:

"Magazine M 134 duly received. Magnificent. As I turned each page I became more inspired to definitely complete the long rebuild. It is my intention to attend the Tenth Anniversary at Prescott."

So maybe the Register IS having a small positive net effect on the Minor community out there - even if we don't win them all. And at least he hasn't sold the number! :o
Toby

Re: NJ 35

Post by Toby »

Don't be disheartened Ian, without your support I would never have got the saloon on the road, without using the saloon I wouldn't have tracked down PJ, if I hadn't tracked down PJ it would have remained off the road, If I hadn't got so much pleasure from driving both I wouldn't have bought a 4 seater, the next step is to get the 4 seater back in use... (and then I'll have room for a minor van). All this came about thanks to Gren and then you and the VMR. It's a bit like the butterflies wings causing a hurricane on the other side of the world.
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: NJ 35

Post by Ian Grace »

Thanks, Toby. Glad to hear all this flapping in Seatle is being felt in Blighty! :D