Austin Swallow Sports

Use this area to post details of your cars, your restorations, photos or rally reports.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Tony Gamble

Austin Swallow Sports

Post by Tony Gamble »

Hi All

Haven't managed to take a picture of the "project" yet , but this is what I am aiming for !!

Tony G
magpic2.JPG
magpic2.JPG (221.8 KiB) Viewed 2503 times
halbe

Re: Austin Swallow Sports

Post by halbe »

Hello Tony,

Isn't it true what they say, William Lyons never made an ugly car :!:
They are very pretty, these swallow bodied car's

Good luck Halbe
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

There was a solitary prototype Swallow-bodied OHC Minor saloon. Very pretty, but it almost certainly hasn't survived. :(
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

I owned for many years , a 1926, Alvis 12/50 Sports Saloon. This was a copy of the SS by Carbodies for Alvis. What a lovely car with the rounded back and the air scoops on the scuttle, all this when most saloon were still box shaped. The Swallow 7 in all shapes was a lovely car and always was a £ or two dearer than standard. We spoke of this yesterday at Brooklands - 50 years ago my first Austin 7 was a 1927 chummy - bog standard, runner with not bad tyres. I paid £5. A 1930 Minor was the same price. A 20s three wheeled Morgan was the same. Why today is a Chummy more than a Minor and a Morgan now over three times more expensive - Supply and demand?
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Tony,

Any update on your Swallow? It has been over two years since you teased us with the promise of photos! :D