M-Type 2M/2735

Use this area to post details of your cars, your restorations, photos or rally reports.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Reinout

M-Type 2M/2735

Post by Reinout »

Is there anyone on this forum with information or history on my MG M-Type 2M2735. It was recorded in the factory chassis file on April 8, 1931 with engine 2500A and registered with the DVLA on May 22, 1931 with WM 6411. It is also listed in the MG Triple M register with number 1212. I have no information other than the person from who I bought the car at the MG meeting in Silverstone in 2002.

The engine has been replaced with 2176 from chassis 2M2422

Any help, hints, or tips welcomed.
Thanks and MGreetings,
Reinout Vogt
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: M-Type 2M/2735

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Reinout,

Welcome to our Forum! And greetings to Chicago from Seattle!

I can only add that the car was registered WM 6411 almost immediately in the UK in a the town of Southport, which is a small coastal town on the northwest coast of England, just north of Liverpool.

I have it recorded in our Chassis Register as previously being owned by Peter Vogt - is that your father or brother perhaps, or is this an error?

Here's the car at Silverstone in 2002 just before it was shipped to the States and fresh out of restoration by Barrie Dean, who had owned it since at least 1982 or earlier. (Thanks to Tony Margel for this picture.)

Could you post a current photo of the car, Reinout?

Cheers,

Ian