New Arrival in New York

Use this area to post details of your cars, your restorations, photos or rally reports.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

trovato

New Arrival in New York

Post by trovato »

Hello everyone! I have just acquired the 1930 Morris Minor coachbuilt saloon restored years ago by Jim Genack. It was fully restored and winning local shows ten years ago. Jim lived in New Jersey and we were members of the Eastern New York MGA Club together. He moved to Colorado and unfortunately died in January of 2008. The car has been sitting in his widow's garage since then. It will need some cleanup and fluids changed. What remains in the fuel tank has turned particularly nasty by now! I will of course have lots of questions. The first will be about draining the tank. The petrol tap is in the "main" position, and I was hoping to turn it to "reserve" to empty the tank. As expected, the tap seems unwilling to move. Based on the troubles I've read about with this valve, I am proceeding with caution. So far I have just sprayed the exterior with penetrating oil, which I didn't really expect to help much, and so far it hasn't. Anyway, I will continue with this question and many others in a more appropriate part of the forum. I contracted with a transport company to move the car, and it arrived Friday evening. If it was closer I would have fetched it myself, but 1800 miles was a bit longer road trip than I was up for. I am attempting to attach a couple of photos. One shows the car being pushed up my driveway and the other shows the moment of arrival in my garage. I'm the fellow bowing down to the right front wheel, actually placing some wheel chocks. My son Mark is on the left, his friend Alex on the right and Alex's girlfriend Jackie was in charge of steering, as she was the lightest one present. I will leave it at that for now, and I look forward to discussing all things Morris with you all.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net
Pushing up Driveway.jpg
Pushing up Driveway.jpg (77.13 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
MM Moment of arrival.jpg
MM Moment of arrival.jpg (273.46 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: New Arrival in New York

Post by Ian Grace »

Hearty congratulaton Steve, welcome to the forum and the Register! There's not many of us Minor owners on this side of the pond.