my minors

Use this area to post details of your cars, your restorations, photos or rally reports.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Toby

my minors

Post by Toby »

Don't know if this is going to work, :? but if it does then here's my 33 saloon and my 32 tourer. The 33 is a labour of love despite being bought restored and "on the road"! Hope to take it to the 2008 rally.
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Toby

Post by Toby »

Oh bu***r, told you if it's got wheels or chips you'll have trouble with it! :cry:
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hold on Toby - I'll see if I can upload them for you ...

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

To do this (after you have sent me the pics to ftp to the site, which you did) click the IMG button and you get Img in square brackets. Then paste or type in http://www.vintageminor.co.uk/Forumpix/Toby001.jpg (or whatever the .jpg filename is) and then click the Img button again and it puts /Img in square brackets after the link. Have another try with Toby.001!
Toby

Tobys 1933 saloon

Post by Toby »

Image Here goes... The 33 saloon in progress with £**** worth of engine!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Cracked it!!! :D
Toby

Post by Toby »

The other picture is of my 32 tourer in Bourton on the water for the morris registers autumn run. This posting will serve as a masterclass for those as inept as me with computers. If I can finally do it then anyone can. Get posting! :D
Toby

Post by Toby »

Progress at last! Engine now reunited with car. I'm hoping to log activity as and when, with a view to the car getting to a pub meet and the 2008 rally!Image

And another....
Toby

Post by Toby »

Next task is to fit all ancillaries and upgrade the undersize brake lines!
Toby

Post by Toby »

In addition, this is the head technician! I thought I'd post me on my cars section as a reference for anyone I've not met before, just in case they want to know who to look out for at events!!! I noticed there's mention of an avatar but this seemed easier!

Highlander

Toby - Photograph.

Post by Highlander »

Dear Toby, Do we still have a date for Tuesday 8th Jan? Wheels? I looked just like you 40 yeARS ago!! Alister.
Toby

Re: my minors

Post by Toby »

Ok, here we go. First new picture posting on the new style forum! I put aside the wet and dreary today for minor stuff and ended up with only 2 hours to work on it :x First up I reasoned that the brake upgrading to capable of stopping should be done before the tussle with the gearbox begins. Found my collection of spare brake bits and will be refitting the master with the 8 outlet to suit the way it's been plumbed-2 front lines, 1 rear line- as it has a neat 3 way outlet. Here's the parts removed/needed plus the space whence it came, with disconnected undersize brake lines still in situ. watch this space....
Toby

Post by Toby »

Progress so far is slow, waiting for a call from the wonderfully helpful Eddie Wylde at Wyvern re brake parts. In the meantime I've started fitting the gearbox back in and have assembled all ancillaries. Every day, in every way I'm getting beter! If only work etc. didn't get in the way.

Toby

Post by Toby »

Hmmm, finally got to put some time in today, dug out my spare, correct wheel cylinders-the ones fitted are wrong-and put into soak for cleaning. Got wheels off to take out existing cylinders and checked the bearing play that was noted at last mot, turns out to be kingpins! So now have to strip more out before I can overhaul brakes!!! Needless to say that one cotter came out but the other one won't budge :x Just working out whether it's easier to change stub axles than to fit new bushes and get them reamed :? ! Below is the continued dissassembly rather than the anticipated assembly plus cylinders with wrong outlets.

chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Hi Toby,
How are things progressing with the Saloon? Clutch adjusted? Oil in? MOT next week? :shock:
Chris