WV 215

Use this area to post details of your cars, your restorations, photos or rally reports.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

hightown

WV 215

Post by hightown »

We bought WV 215 off the well known auction site last October, sight unseen and hoped for the best. She hadn't been on the road since 1966. A lot of the body restoration had been done, and we were left with a lot of tidying, electrics etc etc and the inside to sort..........oh yes, and a sliding roof to make as she only had a hole where the roof should have been. With lots of help and advice, we reclaimed her number from the DVLA and Bruce has been working on her most days to restore her to her former glory. Today I went to the DVLA office to tax WV 215 and I will hopefully be able to drive her myself soon. We don't know if she will be up to the Prescott climb yet! We now have to find room for her to live alongside our Riley RME.

Highlander

Re: WV 215

Post by Highlander »

Not a Riley wheel in the reflection??? Welcome to the forum. Highlander.
hightown

Post by hightown »

Thank you for the welcome Highlander. No not the Riley, but a Honda CRX Del Sol, sadly for sale as we just have too many cars and not enough space.

We'd like to thank the forum for all the help and advice we've had while working on the Morris. It's such a great resource for new owners.
Attachments
Our Riley RME 1954
Our Riley RME 1954
DSC07465.JPG (113.21 KiB) Viewed 3668 times
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Oh, that is gorgeous! You are definitely selling the right car, Irene!

I have always admired the RME but never quite got to own one. I came within an inch of buying one when I was at Bath University back in the seventies. It was black and for sale in Castle Combe - probably for about GBP 500 which was way beyond my means as a poor student! I remember reading an article on the RME in Veteran and Vintage around that time - the car was described as a post-war vintage car because it possessed many of the virtues of cars of the twenties.
rmburnett

Post by rmburnett »

Well, I never thought that I would see a picture of a Honda CRX on this website :D. On reflection, that's appropriate! The color even looks like ours; too seldom used for normal activities because we became overprotective after the new paint job required by an attack by an enraged cat :twisted:! It's wild in the Andalucian hills.